2018, 304 pages, 3250 color photographs and maps. This book is the revised edition of a groundbreaking photographic field guide to the butterflies of Mexico and Central America. Written by Jeffrey Glassberg, a pioneering authority on field identification of butterflies, the guide covers more than 2,000 species and features over 3,700 large, detailed color photographs. The high-quality images are accompanied by informative facing-page text. The revised edition includes many additional species, over 1,500 new photos, updated text, maps, and species names. Range maps, field marks, and host plants are included for all Mexican butterflies. The result is a highly efficient field guide that will enable users to identify almost every butterfly occurring in the region.
- The first complete guide to Mexican butterflies
- Page edges color coded by family
- Covers almost all of Mexico’s more than 1,700 species, plus many Central American species, including more than two-thirds of those in Costa Rica
- Beautifully illustrated with more than 3,700 color photographs that highlight key identification features
- Visual index at the back allows user to zoom in on relevant pages quickly
- Sturdy but flexible cover; convenient size: 5-1/2 x 8”