2012, 752 pages, 354 line drawings, 113 photos. Written for those who have completed an introductory course in biology, the third edition of this highly regarded text presents the ideal balance of basic biological principles and in-depth treatment of insect classification, including keys for identifying more than four hundred families.
New to this edition:
* The latest research on the genetics, development, physiology, evolution, phylogeny, and systematics of insects
* Three new chapters: “Medical and Veterinary Entomology,” “Insects and Conservation,” and “The Study of Classification”
* Relevant real-world applications to meet the needs and interests of life science students from a wide variety of majors
* A new thematic discussion of evolution running throughout the text
* A full-color quick reference guide to insect classification and external morphology
Hardcover; 7-1/2 x 9-1/4″.