A FIELD GUIDE TO THE TIGER BEETLES OF INDIA
Identification and Biology of the Cicindelidae
by David L. Pearson, Jürgen Wiesner, Robert E. Acciavatti, V. P. Uniyal & Alexander Anichtchenko
2020, 316 pages, 32 color plates, black and white illustrations, keys, and range maps. A Field Guide to the Tiger Beetles of India is the first definitive identification guide to all 241 species of tiger beetles known to occur in India. Its descriptions of habitats, behavior, and ecology make this spectacular group of insects available to both amateur beetle enthusiasts, and professional biologists.
With the data provided in this book, tiger beetles can now better serve as a valuable tool for studying and understanding general patterns of biodiversity, biogeography, and conservation within India.
Featured in this field guide are:
- A list of common names
- The latest taxonomic revisions
- Thirty-two color plates with images of all Indian species and subspecies
- Identification keys and general descriptions of species characteristics
- Distribution maps with the known range of each species within India
- Current knowledge of biology and seasonality
Softcover; 5-1/2 x 8-1/2”.
Have a question?
You must be logged in to post a question.