Sturdy, spacious hardwood box designed for use in the field. This practical storage unit facilitates field pinning by featuring loose pin hinges for easy removal of the top portion, providing unencumbered access from all four sides. Pinning bottom is polyethylene foam. A separate, loose sheet of foam for placement between pinned specimens and the box lid keeps specimens securely in place. Multiple coats of clear gloss acrylic, corner protectors, and positive latches on the exterior furnish outdoor protection and durability. This highquality, large box is also well suited for permanent storage of collections not housed in cabinets, or in situations where glass topped drawers or display cases are not desirable. Materials:
- Fine grained basswood sides
- Birch plywood top and bottom
- 5/16″, 4 lb. density polyethylene foam pinning bottom
- Separate piece of polyethylene foam
- Brass plated hinges with removable pins
- 2 brass snap catches, 8 corner protectors
- Joints mitered and reinforced with concealed steel splines
- Shoulders are integral part of one-piece box frame
- Exterior finished with multiple coats of clear gloss acrylic
- Outside, 12 x 18 x 3″, (30.5 x 45.7 x 7.6 cm)
- Inside, 10-3/4 x 16-3/4 x 2-3/8″
Have a question?
You must be logged in to post a question.
Cabinets & Drawers