California Academy System Cabinets for 24 Drawers
Aluminum or Pionite® laminate covered units for 24 California Academy drawers are a popular choice for both institutional and private collections. BioQuip has made numerous design and manufacturing improvements to this cabinet, originally designed at the California Academy of Sciences as a low-cost unit for housing its collection. It is accepted as the standard insect storage system for many western U.S. collections.
These solidly constructed cabinets feature step-out doors with two locking T handles. Cabinet tops often function as a convenient working area. However, when floor space is at a premium, they may be stacked two or three high. Handles can be installed at bottom of cabinets to facilitate access to stacked units. Please allow additional two to three weeks for cabinet delivery with this option.
- Exterior – .032 aluminum, or .045 high-density laminate covering; interior – Melamine coated particle board
- Aluminum extrusion drawer runners
- Tubular polypropylene door gasket
- 2 positive opposite action locking T handles
- 4 floor levelers
- Aluminum covering wrapped around frame and riveted, or
- Pionite® laminate bonded to frame
- Frame and panels glued and assembled with air driven, epoxy coated nails and cabinet assembly screws
- Drawer runners dovetailed into slots
- Step-out door secured at bottom with steel pins, at top with two locking handles
- Fumigant area provided in bottom, Please Note: the #1193 Dehumidifier will not fit in the bottom of the 2010 series cabinets, an open dish or other container needs to be used for silica gel or fumigants.
- Aluminum exterior, or
- Pionite® exterior, choice of walnut or teak wood grain, or hunter green
- Interior, smooth finish white Melamine
Dimensions & Weights:
- 36-3/8″ high, 40-7/8″ wide, 20″ deep (92.5 x 104 x 51 cm)
- Shipping weight: aluminum – 135 lb.; Pionite® – 150 lb.
Cabinet prices do not include drawers.
|Thumbnail||Catalog #||Color||Material||Price||Quantity||Quantity Pricing|
Have a question?
You must be logged in to post a question.