Heavy Duty Hand-Held DC Vac/Aspirator
BioQuip’s new superior Heavy-Duty Hand-Held Aspirator was developed from a suggestion made by our customer, Gibson Anderson from Saratoga, California. It’s built on a Ryobi® hand-held vac platform. The cordless unit is powered by a detachable 1.3Ah DC rechargeable 18 volt battery pack. This allows for greater mobility than with other hand-held vac/aspirator systems. A fully charged battery can power the unit continuously for 15 minutes or longer. To extend work time we offer an additional 3.0Ah battery the 2820GB (sold separately) that can increase length of usage by up to 3 times.
The nose section of the aspirator has a clear acrylic tube with a 5” removable collecting chamber (5″ (12.7cm) long x 2″ (5.1cm) in diameter). This versatile chamber has aluminum screen across one end for air flow, and a flap valve on the other. A supplemental end cap prevents escape of specimens when chamber is removed. By using multiple chambers, live specimens can be gathered from several locations and taken to the lab for identification or study. Suction strength can be adjusted using the vac’s air-bleed ring. A piece of tissue can be placed in the bottom of the collecting chamber to reduce damage to specimens caused by air turbulence when the unit is operating.
The complete set weighs 5.8lb. The vac with one battery attached weighs 3.35lb.
Comes with a North American plug so a foreign plug adapter would be needed but not supplied.
Unit comes with:
- Heavy Duty Hand-Held Vac/Aspirator – (1)
- 18 volt,1.3 Ah Compact Lithium-Ion Battery – (1)
- 18-volt Wall Adapter/Charger – (1)
- 5″ insect collecting chamber with end cap – (1)
- Extension nozzles – (2)
- 6” nozzle (15cm) – (1)
- 12” nozzle (30cm) – (1)
Additional & Replacement Parts
- 2820D extra collecting chamber with end cap
- 2820E replacement end cap, plastic 2-1/8″
- 2820F replacement buna neoprene flap valve for collecting chamber.
- 2820GB 18 volt, 3.0 Ah Compact Lithium-Ion Battery
- 2820X Nozzle Extension tube set, increases the vac/aspirator’s reach by 5’ (1.5 meters), allowing for easier specimen collecting from cages and other difficult-to-reach areas.
- Black stopper – (1)
- 5’ long (1.5 meters) of 1/2″ (13mm) flexible clear vinyl tubing – (1)
- 3/8″ (10mm) I.D. rigid acrylic pickup tube – (2)
- Straight pickup tube (1)
- 45° angle tip pickup tube (1)
Have a question?
You must be logged in to post a question.