A proven, portable energy source, the 2861 power pack weighs only 10.5 pounds. It operates BioQuip 12-volt DC night collecting lights and traps. Based on field testing, up to 8-10 hours continuous operation of a 15-watt black light can be expected on a fully charged battery. The battery pack includes a 12VDC charging transformer for 120VAC input. Not compatible with 220VAC inputs. The 12-volt DC, 14 amp hour, AGM lead-acid battery with fully jelled electrolyte to prevent leakage is sealed in a non-breakable high-impact polystyrene case. It functions within a temperatures range of -60° to +140°F. Repeated recharging is possible with the pack’s included 120-volt, 60-Hz charger. The power pack is contained in a DuPont Cordura nylon carrying case with shoulder strap, providing hands-free portability. Size: 8.5 x 2.75 x 5.5″ (22 x 7 x 14cm). Weight with charger: 12 lbs. The 12V replacement battery, 2861A, does not include charger, electrical connections, or carrying case, it is available as a separate or replacement item. The 2861C Wall Charger is a replacement charging transformer for 12V rechargeable batteries. Operating on any 100-240V current 50/60Hz input. There is a red LED that comes on when connected to an AC outlet. Also supplied with a fused plug receptacle. NOTE: both the 2861 and 2861A meet federal and international requirements for inclusion in checked airline luggage. The IATA clearance download can be found here. For maximum life of battery packs:
- Do not discharge battery below 10.5 V before recharging.
- Recharge battery as soon as possible after using. Full recharge can be obtained in 12 to 18 hours with the included charger.
- Do not start vehicle engine while battery pack is plugged into cigarette lighter for recharging.
- Do not leave the equipment connected when the battery is discharged.
- Unit should be stored in a fully charged state and kept in a cool place.
- Recharge every 90 days when not in use.
See #2861VM for description of voltmeter to check battery voltage. BioQuip cannot replace batteries that have been over-discharged. Item 2861A NSN: 3740-01-464-9998 Item 2861C NSN: 3740-01-628-9324