Professional Series Insect Nets
Net handles in the 7300 Professional Series are fabricated from 3/4″ (2 cm) hard alloy aluminum tubing to provide a strong yet lightweight insect collecting net. Most nets in this series weigh less than one pound, complete with bag and net ring. Materials and construction are designed to provide years of dependable service. All components are plated so that parts do not rust or corrode. Nets are assembled quickly and easily with a “T” knob fastener. Four net ring sizes and a wide variety of net bag styles are interchangeable for use with one handle. Extra or replacement net parts are available. See #7351A. Handle:
- Anodized thin wall aluminum tube; 3/4″ O.D.
- 3 foot or 5 foot lengths (5 ft. is two segments that screw together)
- 4-1/2″ (11.34cm) red plastic grip
- Zinc plated spring steel, 1/4″ x .062″ (.635 x .157cm)
- Fastened to handle with red “T” knob screw
- Please note that net rings are rigid and are not collapsible
Net Bag: Bags and rings come in three basic diameters; 12, 15, and 18″. We offer various types of net bags in the Professional Series nets depending on your usage requirements. Standard Aerial Bag (NA or GR)
- BioQuip’s superior aerial net bags are fabricated from white (NA) or dark green (GR) Polyester netting. Mesh size is approximately 24 x 20 per inch. The Tricot interlocking netting is manufactured in a manner that helps prevent snags and tears. Net bag tops are banded with natural (unbleached) sailcloth. They are made with flat seams, leaving no raw edges, and are identical inside and out.
Extra Soft Aerial Bag (WA or SA)
- Made of extra soft, non-slippery white (WA) or sand (SA) Nylon netting, these bags are ideal for collecting large butterflies and moths. The weave is very open and collapses easily when not in motion. Not considered suitable for Lepidoptera with tails as they get easily tangled in the large open 11 x 7 weave. The special netting does not tear so it is suitable for a variety of collecting conditions. Banding around the top is natural (unbleached) sailcloth to provide extra long bag life. These bags are made with flat seams, leaving no raw edges, and are identical inside and out.
Close Weave Bag (FA)
- These bags are made from closely woven off-white (FA) Dacron chiffon, 70 x 70 mesh per inch. They are recommended for collecting very small insects or fragile Lepidoptera. Although the netting is fine, the bags are remarkably durable. They are reinforced at the top with natural (unbleached) sailcloth banding. The bags are made with flat seams, leaving no raw edges, and are identical inside and out.
Combination Heavy Duty Aerial/Sweep Bag (CM)
- This style net bag is intended for combination aerial and light sweeping (CM) use. The upper part is lightweight (unbleached) muslin; the tip is white polyester netting, 20 x 24 mesh, ~850 x 780 micron hole, which helps overcome air resistance and allows visibility. The top is reinforced with a natural (unbleached) sailcloth band. Available in 12″ and 15″ diameter only, these bags are made with flat seams, leaving no raw edges, and are identical inside and out.
Medium Sweep Bag (MS)
- These bags are designed for general sweeping or beating (MS) use. They are made of sturdy, close-weave, unbleached muslin. The bag top is bound with durable natural (unbleached) sailcloth. Available in 12″ and 15″ diameter only, these bags are made with flat seams, leaving no raw edges, and are identical inside and out.
Heavy Duty Sweep Bag (HS)
- Constructed to take heavy field sweeping or beating (HS) use, these sweep bags are made of long lasting natural (unbleached) sailcloth with Dacron sail tape banding around the top for added strength. Available in 12″ and 15″ diameter only, these bags are made with flat seams, leaving no raw edges, and are identical inside and out.
21 Inch Aerial Bag
- Extra large white #7221NA and green #7221GR aerial net bags with 21″ (53 cm) diameter are also available. A 21″ diameter net ring, #7354, is required.
- See #7303X for description of an aluminum extendable handle, 36 – 69″ (91 – 175 cm), interchangeable with all 7300 series insect net rings and bags.
For instructions on net assembly, and pulling the net ring through the net bag, click on the “blue info flag” found to the right of the catalog number.
Have a question?
You must be logged in to post a question.