BioQuip Monthly Specials
December Shipping Special
Please read the following conditions for the Customer Appreciation Special:
- Place an order for $50.00 – $99.99 and receive 1/2 PRICE SHIPPING.
- Place an order for $100.00 or more and receive FREE SHIPPING.*
- Maximum shipping credit is $500.00.**
- Shipping discount apply to shipments sent via Ground Service ONLY.
- Discounts apply to shipments delivered within the United States ONLY.
- Dated shipments beyond January 31, 2020 will not qualify for this special.
- Previously placed quotes and orders and custom orders are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer is valid for orders received by December 31, 2019.
* Free shipping is applied only on orders over $100 for standard shipping and does not included expedited shipping or air freight.
** Charges other than standard motor freight will be paid by the customer (residential, liftgate, inside delivery, etc…).
Adjustments to shipping charges will be made on final invoice.
The BioQuip staff sends Holiday Greetings to you and your family
Charles Valentine Riley Founder of Modern Entomology
by W. Conner Sorensen, Edward H. Smith, and Janet R. Smith,
with Donald C. Weber
This definitive biography is the first full account of a fascinating American scientist whose leadership created the modern science of entomology. It tells the story of how Riley (1843–1895), a young British immigrant to America—with classical schooling, a smattering of natural history knowledge, talent in art and writing, but no formal training in science—came to play a key role in changing the focus of entomology from the collection and arrangement of specimens to the scientific approach which includes insect evolution, diversity, ecology, and applied management of insect pests.
Drawing on Riley’s personal diaries, family records, correspondence, and publications, the authors trace Riley’s career from farm laborer through Chicago journalist, Missouri State Entomologist, chief federal entomologist, founder of the National Insect Collection, and initiator of the professional organization that became the Entomological Society of America… View Product